Ship management, deliveries, command.
- Master unlimited tonnage, all ships (commercial)
- Available for command of large yachts or small passenger ships
- Deliveries and relief periods on all ships.
- Project management of yard periods or builds.
ISM – ISPS – MLC
- Internal audits on behalf of owners or managers, including reporting and analysis of accumulated information.
- assistance with management reviews and mandatory reporting.
- Accident investigations on behalf of owners, managers or other interested parties.
- Coaching and training of management staff and captains.
- assistance to captains for PSC and other inspections.
Yacht conversions and refits.
- Suitability surveys of conversion objects.
- Gap analysis before conversions or refit
- Consultancy and project management.
- Independent auditing of refit activities on behalf of owners.
- Assessment of hotel facilities, furnishings and charter equipment.
see our portfolio
- Bernard has worked five years in the top management of a large towage and salvage company. He was Corporate Quality Manager, DPA, CSO.
- He then worked six years for an IACS classification society as Exclusive surveyor, lead auditor for ISM and ISPS, MLC inspector, New Constructions surveyor, coach and trainer as well as consultant.
- After having been captain of commercial tankers, Bernard served for ten years as captain on yachts, both charter and private, mostly large vessels with over 20 passengers and over 20 crew.
These diverse functions give Bernard a broad view from both the watcher and the watched sides of the compliance world. They also grant a deep understanding of yacht operations and how the industry’s business and compliance can go hand in hand. While Bernard’s education is deck, his understanding extends to all machinery elements from years of surveying engine rooms and technical installations.
- Petra has been a travel agent for many years, and an ocean sailor before settling down in St Maarten.
- She worked in real estate and in a sail loft, acquiring deep knowledge of a vessel’s soft furnishings, both inside and out.
- She was then head of housekeeping on large charter yachts before becoming a Hotel Manager, controlling galley, service and house, but also organising shore activities and tours for guests.
- She also served as a purser and crew recruiter/manager for some of the yachts she served on.
With Bernard’s technical and operational knowledge and Petra’s savvy about interior and charter operations, the VV team is well geared to help owners and managers make the best of any yacht venture.